Monday, October 22, 2012

Final Printing


In the picture above I have finally started to use my starfish stamp to make prints. We all had to put ink on the table and roll it out on to our stamps to make a final product. The prints you see on the papers above were just trial runs. A lot of the time I didn't press down hard enough in certain spots or I pressed down too hard in other spots. If you pressed down too hard then ink will fill all the holes that you had cut out to begin with. I think the overall product of my print turned out good because I had a good background with textue and my starfish had a lot of texture too. I think that I could have had more space where there was no ink so it would have balanced out better. I added texture by cutting little hole in the sand and cutting out the sides of the starfish to make it pop out more. Below I have posted some of my final products.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you did a great job. I think you showed the texture very well and it was balanced very well. I would have maybe put a little more texture or depth in the background. Over all great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your starfish looks awesome! At first glance I am able to tell right away what it is. The texture of the starfish looks good, and so does the outline of it. I can also tell the background is like the ocean floor, but I think that could have used a little more detail, but overall good job!

    ReplyDelete